Every day at Children's Center brings requests from families for information and support, referrals from law enforcement and the Department of Human Services regarding children needing assessments, and community requests for child abuse prevention trainings.
It is only through the partnership and support of private individuals, businesses and foundations that we can continue to meet the needs of abused children in Clackamas County.
- Families are not charged for services at Children's Center. Not even a medical insurance co-pay.
- Roughly half of Children's Center's funding is secured through state and county contracts for service. A portion of funding is provided by medical insurance reimbursements.
- Public contracts for service and insurance reimbursement cover a little over half the total cost of care for each child assessed at Children's Center.
- A funding gap of approximately $1,000 per child remains after public and insurance funding.
- Corporate, individual and foundation support is needed to fill this funding gap.